A cosmetic gynecologist spends much of their time performing genital esthetic procedures. They also treat patients in need of reconstructive surgery. The overarching goal of cosmetic gynecology is to improve the quality of life of an individual.Time, aging and events such as childbirth cause changes to a woman’s reproductive system. The muscles of the vaginal…
What Is a Non Surgical Facelift?
For many years, women who wanted facelifts had to have surgery performed, but now they can benefit from a non surgical facelift.
Because of the way doctors did the procedure, it often took a long time to heal. Over time though, the methodology for this surgery changed. Today, both women and men can look younger with a non surgical facelift.
Introduction to a non surgical facelift
In simple terms, a non surgical facelift is a combination of two procedures. The first is minimally invasive while the second is non-surgical.
Who makes the right candidate?
With a non surgical facelift, patients end up with a rejuvenated appearance. Instead of going under general anesthesia at a hospital and having large incisions, a doctor can perform this procedure at a medspa. Although a lot of people make good candidates for this procedure, not everyone is. Here are the criteria that most doctors follow:
- Good skin quality
- Adequate skin firmness and thickness
- Mild flattening of the cheeks
- Mild to moderate sagging of the lower and middle face
- No recent surgery involving the face or neck
Compared to the surgical route, a non surgical facelift does not involve any cutting. Without incisions that need to heal, patients can typically return to work the same or next day. Another advantage is that it works for people with darker skin tones.
Chemical peels and ablative lasers remove the top layer of skin. For individuals with darker pigmentation, this creates problems. That means this option works for all skin tones as long as they qualify as a candidate.
When consulting with a doctor at a medspa, they will determine the right non surgical facelift on a patient-by-patient basis. After all, there are several options.
- One is Ultherapy, which targets tissue just below the skin’s surface. As a result, it prompts the production of collagen. Usually, the patient’s skin becomes tighter and smoother after three sessions
- A medspa also offers a Threadlift. Because the incisions are so small, this procedure falls in the non surgical facelift category. In this case, they insert extremely thin threads into the face through tiny incisions. With the threads attached to tissue, the surgeon then pulls back on them to lift the skin and smooth the face. Most patients enjoy the effects for 18 months or until the threads biodegrade
- There is also a type of liquid non surgical facelift. For this, the doctor at the medspa injects either calcium hydroxyapatite or hyaluronic acid beneath the skin. In response, the face becomes fuller and smoother. As the skin rejuvenates, it begins to contour to more natural proportions. Along with tighter skin, this method diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles
While many people visit a medspa for a non surgical facelift, they can also benefit from some of the other services provided. For instance, they can have Botox to soften lines and wrinkles. For better skin tone and smoothness, they might consider a chemical peel. If someone has hollow areas of the face, they could have a doctor inject fillers.
Look and feel amazing
If you want to look younger, then a non surgical facelift is one way to accomplish your goal. When visiting a medspa, you and the doctor can determine the right procedure specifically for you.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
A cosmetic gynecologist has the skillset of cosmetic surgeons, as well as the medical specialization of a gynecologist. They are by far the safest pair of hands for anyone considering gynecological cosmetic treatment.Cosmetic gynecology has medical, reconstructive and esthetic applications. Sometimes, the three end-goals intersect, which is why one may need a cosmetic surgeon with…
If you are considering vaginal rejuvenation, also known as vaginoplasty, you will be happy to know it comes with a multitude of benefits in addition to improving the aesthetic value of your lady parts. A rejuvenation will restore the original, natural look of the vagina after childbirth or age has changed it.In addition to restoring…
Visit a medical spa for help with your skin. This is a fantastic way to improve the appearance of your skin and confidence at the same time. If purchasing over-the-counter creams and topical solutions are not doing the trick, it is time to take your skincare to the next level. We have the treatments that…