What is a cosmetic gynecologist? Read on to learn more. More women are considering visiting a cosmetic gynecologist as they offer procedures that can help improve both the appearance and function of the genital area. There are various procedures that a cosmetic gynecologist can offer someone who is looking to either alter or enhance the…
Commonly Asked Questions About Vaginal Dryness
Many people struggle with vaginal dryness. There are a few ways to tell if vaginal dryness is occurring and problematic. For example, the vulva may become irritated, urinary tract infections may occur quite frequently, and there may be discomfort during sexual intercourse. There is much to learn about vaginal dryness and what a cosmetic gynecologist can do to help. Keep reading to find out more!
A cosmetic gynecologist answers questions about vaginal dryness
Here are frequently asked questions about vaginal dryness. Understanding this information can go a long way when it comes to maintaining good health.
Why does vaginal dryness occur?
Vaginal dryness may occur for several reasons, but the number-one reason is due to menopause. Other common reasons include:
- Low estrogen after childbirth, while breastfeeding, or during cancer treatment
- Non-hormonal factors, such as allergy medications and anti-depressants
How can one prevent and avoid vaginal dryness?
Vaginal dryness can be prevented in several ways, depending on the patient's specific needs.
- Avoid washing the vulva and surrounding area with harsh soaps, as this can cause dryness
- Wash the area with clean, warm water
- Wear cotton underwear, as other materials can irritate the vulva and area, ultimately causing dryness
- Wash underwear with detergents that are free of scents and dyes
- Only use toilet paper that is unscented and undyed
Taking these preventive measures can go a long way in avoiding experiencing vaginal dryness.
Is vaginal dryness permanent?
According to a cosmetic gynecologist, vaginal dryness is not permanent. It is essential to consult with a professional, however, in order to come up with regimens to tackle the dryness both in the short and long term.
What does a cosmetic gynecologist suggest for vaginal dryness?
Depending on the severity and the patient's genetics, the cosmetic gynecologist may recommend several different things to address vaginal dryness. Here are common treatment options, including at-home remedies or professionally administered one:
- Estrogen creams, which are applied directly onto the vagina
- Estrogen tablets, which are inserted directly into the vaginal cavity
- Vaginal rings, which are inserted directly into the vaginal cavity (every 90 days, estrogen is released into the vagina)
- Vaginal moisturizers, used both in and around the vagina
- Vaginal lubricants, which can be helpful during sexual intercourse
Find out more from a cosmetic gynecologist
Do you still have questions about vaginal dryness? The best thing to do is consult with a cosmetic gynecologist. During the consultation, they will determine what action, if any, needs to be taken. Each person will have varying needs, which is why the evaluation is important. To learn more or to get scheduled for an appointment, reach out today!
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Vaginal Dryness in St. Simons Island, GA.
A cosmetic gynecologist is a professional who specializes in the female reproductive system. But instead of focusing on childbirth, like an OBGYN, a cosmetic gynecologist aims to perform procedures that will affect appearance. There are various standard procedures that a cosmetic gynecologist offers. Understanding what these procedures are and what they entail can be quite helpful…
A gynecologist may suggest incontinence surgery when a patient's loss of bladder control is interfering with daily life. Urinary incontinence is relatively common in older adults, according to the Mayo Clinic, and it can be a normal symptom of aging. It is important to speak to a qualified gynecologist if the symptoms are becoming too…
Women now have the option of vaginal rejuvenation surgery. The very thought of that type of procedure may make some people hesitant to even visit the surgeon’s office, but knowing what to expect during a consultation may help you feel more at ease if you have decided to go through with this procedure or simply…